sites to watch the asian shows!

Hello everyone!

So my earlier post was the legal sites to watch dramas! but of course, we can't always find the episodes or subtitles or even dramas/shows that we want- and subscriptions are not cheap 😔

Here I will drop some sites I know (that I won't directly link to hopefully help prevent reports or copyright)
I try to avoid sites with annoying pop-ups or those that give PUPs (potentially unwanted programs)
To avoid ads and pop-ups, I recommend downloading AdBlock on your computer or mobile device.


Mobile Device: Check Play Store or App Store and download AdBlock: for my iPhone- I use both AdBlock and Adblock Plus and they work well in Safari for most sites, but not all. In other apps, ads don't get blocked

Personally, I like using Safari on my Apple device because the adblockers seem to work well. Even if I do get popups, the sites won't load so I can just close the tab.

PC: Go to Chrome Web Store and download it by searching in the Extensions tab (if you don't use Chrome, then you can always use a different browser's apps/extensions site to get said adblocker)

**For Chrome users, I personally recommend uBlock Origin, click here to download it! It's better than the original AdBlock chrome extension which has bad reviews now because it doesn't really work anymore 
--

The first site is: kshow123.net

The main and only pro is that it offers full episodes, subbed K-variety shows. This site pretty much ONLY posts Korean variety shows though, such as Running Man, The Return of Superman, Produce series- for example. There are many popular selections and even ones that aren't as mainstream. 

Some downsides:
  • There aren't always subbed episodes
  • Older (even newer!) links are often broken. There are contact options, though.
  • Even in the instance that the links aren't broken 
  • No dramas. I believe it's only entertainment- variety shows, reality shows etc.
  • Only Korean titles
Next site is my ABSOLUTE favorite!!
I know there are several domains or versions of this site, but dramanice.sh is usually the plug.

They change the sitelink as time passes for obvious reasons.

Here's the pros:
  • Subbed episodes
  • Minimal to no ads/popups- AdBlock usually comes through, and it's MUCH less annoying than other sites
  • Variety of Asian shows: Dramas, Movies, Variety shows, etc. from SEVERAL ASIAN countries!! Not only SK.
There are a couple cons, however:

  • The sources where they get their subtitles... they steal fansubbers work by ripping their videos and reposting on their site. But they earn $$ from the views 😑 PLEASE, if you happen to see in the comments about the original subber's site, it's best to watch from there. As someone who's subbed clips before, it breaks my heart if other people take credit for my work, repost even if it's specifically stated not to. Since it's free, why not watch at their site instead?

  • Since they don't make subtitles themselves- a lot of the less mainstream titles will only have raw episodes until a volunteer team, official channel subber or fansubber takes up the work. So if you're hoping for subs... it won't happen as quick as you'd like. Probably time to take up another language, eh?
  • Organization of the site. It's somewhat difficult to navigate it, because they don't have the best way to sort titles. If you don't know the title of the series you want to watch, it'll be a nightmare. They do have the ongoing, recently added tabs which I use the most
    Plus, there's a separate category for movies, but searching by country doesn't help as much because the search settings get reset every time you click on a title.
kissasian and dramanice are also other sites that are pretty popular. I don't like them too much because they have a lot more popups. but if you don't mind that, and like more organized sites, they could be the one for you.

Lastly,

you have me! for korean content, I am able to translate and possibly even subtitle them. so reach out HERE! i would love to help you understand that kshow you're watching.

I hope this helped a bit more with your drama site search :) 

-s

Comments

Popular Posts

Questions?

Name

Email *

Message *